Find answers to questions about Trash, Parking, Assessments, and POA Packets here. Refer to the complete Handbook to the right for more.
Trash and Recycling
Trash is picked up on Monday and Thursday. Recycling and bulk items are picked up on Thursday.
- Place trash and recyclables in the front of your house, on the edge of your lawn.
- DO NOT PLACE TRASH IN ANY OTHER LOCATION.
- Place trash in a secure container with a lid on Monday and Thursday mornings.
- Place recyclables in bins or sturdy bags on Thursday mornings.
- Place empty containers inside your backyard or house by 11 p.m. the day of pickup.
- Call American Disposal Services for removal of special items: 703-368-0500 (with 24 hours notice, removal is often free). Special pick-ups are on Thursdays only.
- You must take hazardous wastes to the facility listed below.
- Acceptable items include: newspapers (bundled, in paper bags, or in a separate recycling container); glass food and beverage containers; aluminum and steel cans; #1 and #2 plastic bottles and jugs.
- Plastic containers used for insecticides, herbicides, petroleum products, or automotive fluids are not acceptable.
- No plastic bags please.
- The Association will enforce regulations by levying fines for noncompliance.
- Individual homeowners and renters, who are cited for trash violations, can be fined by Fairfax County Heath Department for up to $500 per incident.
- County information line: 703-324-5052, 703-631-1179
- Annandale Drop-Off Center (recycling): 7200 Little River Turnpike
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 4618 West Ox Road, Fairfax (For disposal of paint, batteries, motor oil, etc.): 703-324-5068
This is simple:
- Display your decal in the rear window.
- Park one car in your reserved space first. Then park another car in an unreserved space. (The numbers refer to the legal lot number of your house.)
- If an unauthorized vehicle is in your space, please ask the owner to move it. You may also have the vehicle towed by calling 703-698-8900.
- If your vehicle is towed, call 703-691-2131 to retrieve it.
- During the snow season, the Board may place restrictions on parking. Please observe the rules.
Dues of $275 must be received by the first of January, April, July, and October at:
Lafayette Park Homeowners Association
6921-A Lafayette Park Drive
Annandale, VA 22003
A $50 fine will be levied for each month dues are delinquent, without limit.
As part of the Virginia Property Owners Association Act, the Board is required to issue a Resale Disclosure package to you or your real estate agent prior to the closing of the sale of your home. Submit this request within 14 days of closing.